Bruce Fedyck-US PRESSWIRE
The Minnesota Timberwolves start their 2012-13 NBA regular-season on Friday night on the host Tyreke Evans and the Sacramento Kings. The action continues on Sunday night when the T'Wolves travel to Canada to take on the Toronto Raptors.
The 2012-13 NBA regular-season opener has finally arrived for the Minnesota Timberwolves. They will be without Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio to start the season, but the early action should provide a great audition for role players like No. 2 pick Derrick Williams -- who is expected to start at power forward on Friday when Minnesota hosts Tyreke Evans and the Sacramento Kings.
The Kings started their season with a road loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night, but Evans looked particularly good on both ends of the floor as he posted 21 points, eight rebounds, three assists and one block in the 93-87 loss. The game against the Kings will be broadcast locally on WFTC.
When the home opener is over, the Timberwolves will travel to Canada to take on the new-look Toronto Raptors on Sunday night. That game will be broadcast on FOX Sports North. While the T'Wolves are resting on Saturday night, the Raptors will battle the Brooklyn Nets in what is now the Nets' home opener -- the original opener at the Barclays Center against the New York Knicks was rescheduled due to complications from hurricane Sandy.
NBA basketball has arrived, so check out the weekend schedule posted at Sports Illustrated for more detailed information.
All times are CT:
Friday, Nov. 2
- Indiana at Charlotte, 6 p.m.
- Denver at Orlando, 6 p.m.
- Milwaukee at Boston, 6:30 p.m.
- Houston at Atlanta, 6:30 p.m.
- Chicago at Cleveland, 6:30 p.m.
- Utah at New Orleans, 7 p.m.
- Portland at Oklahoma City, 7 p.m.
- Miami at New York, 7 p.m., ESPN
- Sacramento at Minnesota, 7 p.m.
- Detroit at Phoenix, 9 p.m.
- Memphis at Golden State, 9:30 p.m.
- L.A. Clippers at L.A. Lakers, 9:30 p.m., ESPN
Saturday, Nov. 3
- Sacramento at Indiana, 6 p.m.
- Boston at Washington, 6 p.m.
- Denver at Miami, 6:30 p.m., NBATV
- Toronto at Brooklyn, 6:30 p.m.
- New Orleans at Chicago, 7 p.m.
- Portland at Houston, 7 p.m.
- Cleveland at Milwaukee, 7:30 p.m.
- Utah at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m.
- Charlotte at Dallas, 7:30 p.m.
- Golden State at L.A. Clippers, 9:30 p.m., NBATV
Sunday, Nov. 4
- Philadelphia at New York, 11 a.m.
- Phoenix at Orlando, 5 p.m.
- Minnesota at Toronto, 5 p.m.
- Atlanta at Oklahoma City, 6 p.m.
- Detroit at L.A. Lakers