While the Golden Gophers have mercifully ended an all around terrible basketball season, the NCAA continues forward, running head long into March Madness. And while the Gophers are not one of the teams in the Big Dance, nor part of the "Little Dance in the NIT," there are still Big Ten schools involved.
After the jump, where they are, and when they play:
- The Wisconsin Badgers open the tournament as the #4 seed in the Southeast regional against #13 Belmont. The game tips off March 17th at 6:27 PM CDT, and can be found on TruTV.
- Illinois Fighting Illini are the #9 seed in the Southwest regional, and they start against the #8 seed University of Nevada - Las Vegas. Their game is March 18th at 8:20 PM CDT, on TBS.
- The Michigan Wolverines head to the West regional as the 8 seed, and start the dance against the 9 seed in the Tennessee Volunteers. This one tips off at 11:40 AM CDT, March 18th on TruTV.
- The Wolverines' cross-state rivals Michigan State Spartans begin their tournament as the tenth seed against #7 UCLA in the Southeast regional. This game is on TBS at 8:20 PM CDT on March 17th.
- Ohio State's Buckeyes open as the Big ten's best chance as the top seed in the East regional. As the top seed, they get the #16 team in UT-SA / Alabama State. You can watch at 3:40PM CDT March 18th, on TNT.
- The Penn State Nittany Lions earned themselves a bid as the #10 seed in the Southeast regional, and get their first test against #7 Temple. Tip off is 1:10PM CDT on March 17th on TNT.
- Rounding out the Big Ten representation are the Purdue Boilermakers who enter the tournament as the #3 seed in the Southwest regional against #14 St. Peter's. That game can be found March 18th at 6:20 PM CDT on TNT.
Don't forget to stop by SBNation.com and SBNation Minnesota throughout the month of March for continuous coverage of the NCAA Basketball brackets. SBNation also has a printable bracket for all of your Madness needs.