The Minnesota Swarm have clinched their playoff spot, they are locked into their efforts to secure a home playoff game, and on top of all of that, they have decided to take on caner as well. Partnered with the Randy Shaver Cancer Research and Community Fund, the Swarm will donate proceeds from the events the evening of April 16th, against the Philadelphia Wings.
The event is part of the NLL's "Black Out Cancer" initiative.
As part of the fundraising, the Swarm will wear pink jerseys and pick helmets, all of which are being auctioned off. The jersey auction (ending Arpil 28th) will beneift Minnesota lacrosse initiatives, and the helmet auction (ending May 3rd) will benefit RSCRCF.
The sweaters and helmets will be worn in game, making them a rare and highly prized piece of Swarm memorabilia. The auctions are open now, so place your bids.
Other fundraisers that night include:
- Ticket Sales - $1 from the sale of each individual game or group ticket sold.
- Corporate Donations - area companies are contributing to this event by purchasing game tickets to be donated to cancer survivors and their families. A portion of their donation will go directly to the Randy Shaver Cancer Research & Community Fund.
- Coaches Challenge - Swarm Head Coach Mike Lines will donate $10 per Swarm goal scored. Individuals and companies are encouraged to match Coach Lines' donations.
- Helmet Auction- Proceeds from the auction of the pink Reebok helmets the team will wear will go to the Randy Shaver Cancer Research and Community Fund.
- SPT Calendar - $1 from the sale of each Swarm Performance Team Calendar will go directly to the Randy Shaver Cancer Research and Community Fund.
- Hive Cares T-Shirt - $3 from the purchase of each commemorative Hive Cares T-Shirt will go directly to the Randy Shaver Cancer Research and Community Fund.