The Minnesota Golden Gophers didn't end their regular season how they presumably wanted to, but they still have a firm grasp on a lower seed in this year's NCAA Tournament. Despite losing 10 of their final 15 games, Minnesota seems well positioned to land an at-large bid from the committee next weekend.
In the latest bracketology update from ESPN's Joe Lunardi, he projects the Golden Gophers to be the ninth seed in the South region. Minnesota would travel down to Kentucky to face eighth-seeded North Carolina State in this scenario.
CBS Sports' Jerry Palm also sees Minnesota as a No. 9 seed, but he has them going in the West region against eighth-seeded North Carolina.
SB Nation's Chris Dobbertean isn't quite as optimistic, projecting Minnesota to be the No. 10 seed in the South region, with Colorado taking the ninth seed. He sees Minnesota facing a seventh-seeded Notre Dame squad.
More from SB Nation:
• NFL mock draft: Changes on the eve of free agency
• Andrew Sharp: March Madness hits Michigan
• Bracketology: 2 more teams punch tourney tickets
• How long will the Harlem Shake survive?
• Tiger Woods wins WGC-Cadillac Championship
• Swimsuit model Alyssa Miller joins The Halfy Hour