On Monday night, the Minnesota Twins will host the Cleveland Indians in the first game of a two-game set. The series will feature two Central Division rivals, with the Indians (18-16) currently in first place in the division and the Twins (10-24) in last.
The Twins will come into the matchup on the back of a series split with the Toronto Blue Jays, which saw the last three games being decided by a single run. Cleveland will be coming into the series 1-5 in their last six games and have been outscored 16-2 in their last two.
Here are the projected starting lineups for Monday:
1. Shin-Soo Choo, Right Field
2. Jason Kipnis, Second Base
3. Asdrubal Cabrera, Short Stop
4. Travis Hafner, Designated Hitter
5. Carlos Santana, Catcher
6. Michael Brantley, Center Field
7. Jose Lopez, Third Base
8. Casey Kotchman, First Base
9. Shelley Duncan, Left Field
Starting Pitcher: Jeanmar Gomez; 2-2, 4.66 ERA
1. Denard Span, Center Field
2. Brian Dozier, Short Stop
3. Joe Mauer, First Base
4. Josh Willingham, Left Field
5. Ryan Doumit, Designated Hitter
6. Trevor Plouffe, Third Base
7. Darin Mastroianni, Right Field
8. Drew Butera, Catcher
9. Jamey Carroll, Second Base
Starting Pitcher: Carl Pavano; 2-3, 5.02 ERA
For more on the Minnesota Twins, check out Twinkie Town. For more on the Cleveland Indians, head over to Let's Go Tribe. For more news and analysis on Major League Baseball, head over to Baseball Nation.